Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please help me gauge my MRI findings

Mjd1966MMjd1966 Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Could anyone give me some help in gauging where I am at with the MRI findings. I have had neck pain on and off for about 5 years with a very severe attack 2 months ago resulting in incredible pain, in the neck and arm with some numbness and an inability to move anything really in my neck without almost passing out with the pain.
recent MRI has shown that at c5/6 there is a significant disc protrusion (extrusion) to the left of the midline with obliteration of the left axilla and lateral recess with almost certain involvement of the left c6 nerve root. Saggital STIR image reveals disc material behind the c5 vertebral body on the left and there is likely to be involvement of the left c5 nerve root in addition. There is significant loss of the normal cervical curvature.
I have had facet joint injections 7 days ago and am waiting for neurosurgeon appointment.

In your experience how does it all sound what kind of things do i need to be talking to the neurosurgeon about with this report I am concerned that surgery will be inevitable.

Thank you in anticipation