Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SCS malfunction?

dblducex2ddblducex2 Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
Hi, I have had my scs for 4 yrs now for L5-S1 injury. The past few months I have experienced mild tingling (stimulation sensation)over my entire body constantly. It may stop for an hour every other day, but is basically constant. I have been to a cardiologist who did all kinds of tests and found nothing and had blood work done and found nothing. Could the scs have malfunctioned in some way causing the tingling everywhere? Please help and thanks in advance.

• The easiest way to test this is to turn it off and see what happens.
  • What brand and model of SCS do you have? Some can run a self test of the IPG while the rest require diagnostics via the doctor or reps handheld device.

Yes an SCS can fail. You can have small cracks in the wire insulation that allows the system to cause a different type of stimulation in non-specific areas.

Have you been doing anything lately that may have stressed your wires ay all?

Black some of us cannot shut down our stimulators based on our medical condition.

• I have a boston scientific..not sure of the model. I seldom use the stimulator because it simply doesn't work for me. I can't think of anything I have done differently. Thank you all for the response!!
    OH, btw, I have the paddles also.

• Chagland can you explain more on not being able to turn off your SCS just for information.

Dblducex2 I had a cervical test lead migrate and caused stimulation all over the place has this been checked. Paddles are much harder to move but it does happen and with BS they will reprogram it won't they. This might be the problem as the lead scars in. I have medtronics and they will reprogram anytime I need it plus they can run test with their unit. I have had reprograming done about every six months. Does BS help when you need it.