Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

need surgery for neck but cannot afford insurance and I do not qualify for medicaid.

rbrivardrrbrivard Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
3 hears ago I was diagnosed with a herniated disc in my neck area (C4-C6) and I have had insurance on and off (medicaid) but never able to keep it consistently. It was later changed to chronic neck pain and now back to a herniated disk (not sure why). I am a server and need to work 32 hours to qualify for the company insurance (I work 6 days a week and still come up short) and my wife is in the same boat with her job. In colorado they have state insurance called cover colorado (which is the only thing I qualify for due to the pre-existing condition) however I cannot afford $230 a month for insurance plus the co-pays and other fees. During the time I was insured I had 8 injections and some other procedures (burning the nerves). A few months ago my doc said she would refer me to a neurosurgeon to have it fused but my medicaid expired due to too much income (we need to make under $1863 gross per month for a family of 4 in colorado and we make about $2200 gross now). None of the medicine the doc prescribed helps (even 2x 10mg of percocet did nothing). Since I cannot afford monthly health insurance no matter how cheap ($1900 net is not a lot for 4 people per month with bills and we EVEN receive some help with food thru the state). I do not qualify for emergency medicaid. I am in pain daily and sometimes it is extremely bad. Any suggestions?

• This sounds really bad, but I know one person who did it to get benefits is to get divorced. I hope others can figure out a better way for you to get benefits without going bankrupt or losing your family.
  • I pray you find relief soon, I live in New Jersey and lost my job after 22 yrs and am on state insurance, guess I'm lucky because they are paying for it. I was fired from my township job for something I didn't do, people lied I had proof in their own words and a state administrative judge shrugged his shoulders. I found out you can't fight city hall. This helps me when I feel quilty about receiving help, never had to before and I didn't do anything wrong to loose my job. Scumbags and little cry babies wanted better jobs but my seniority was in the way. They got what they wanted but sold their souls. God Bless, Joe
    ACDF C5-6 July 10, 2012 with plate and screws.