Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

List of medicine i take 4 of them

mikeystcmmikeystc Posts: 21
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Pain Medications
diclofenac sodium 75 ec 2 times a day
Cyclobenzaprine 10mg 2 time day
Tramodol 50mg every 4to6 hours 2 daily
& Norco 10/325mg

has anyone ever taken theses medicine before if so
did it help you by any chance i am asking for soma now. before when i had a bad herinated disc soma helped me

• I wouldn't ask for a specific medication from any doctor. It makes it too easy for them to question your character, and that's one thing a CP patient doesn't need. Is the Cyclobenzaprine (flexeril) not helping you? I think it's best to be honest with your care team and tell them if it's not working, then ask for suggestions on what might be better suited for you. You'll come across as more proactive and open to care and less like a 'seeker'.

Also, even if a certain medication works for me, it certainly doesn't mean it will work for you. Even if we have the exact same diagnosis (we don't I'm just using this as an example) there is no guarantee that we will benefit from the same treatment.

Be up front and tell your doc that your medication is not working or whatever the issue is and let them decide a course of treatment. If you don't agree, by all means get a second opinion (but NEVER get different doctors to prescribe medication to treat the same problem!!!) and see if there are other treatments available. For example my first PM place only wanted to do useless injection after useless injection. It took a second PM place to actually give me hope.

Good luck to you!
  • Different medications work for different people. What may work for you may not work for me. It is not an exact science- unfortunately. You may have to work with your doctor and try many meds.

I have taken soma before and it worked well for about a month. I built up a tolerance quickly. Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) worked well but dried me out so bad I was craving water like crazy and I would drink gallons and gallons and it felt like I was drinking nothing!!

Currently I take...

Cymbalta 60mg for nerve pain 1x day
    Zanaflex 4mg at night and sometimes 1/2 in the day.
    Norco 7.5/325 1-2 per day as needed

I hope you find meds that help.
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,378
    14 different meds .... not all for pain of course.
    I won't bore you all with the entire regimen but on the spine/pain side .... Flexiril, Valium, Ibuprofen, Percocet, Prednisone.

Solid Question,

Spine-Health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!  (Click on Welcome to Spine-Health)

• I think Norco is the generic for Vicodin, which I take Hydrocodone, which is the same thing, just a different manufacturer. This took away my pain, but that Tramodol was worthless. The problem that I have now is getting off of the Hydrocodone. I think that my body has become addicted to it. I have been on it continuoulsly for 2 years, so be careful with any of these narcotic drugs.
  • Both Norco and Vicodin are brand names for hydrocodone. Hydrocodone is the generic name for the medication. I never took Tramadol, but have heard both amazing and nonexistent results. Thankfully there are many options for people for just that reason, not everyone benefits from the same thing.

I'm not sure I'd jump right to "addicted" after being on the medication for two years. Dependent yes, addicted not necessarily. I do wish you luck in your pursuit to get off the medication, hopefully it is because you have found something else that has worked, or better yet your reason for taking them in the first place is because you have been fixed.
  • I cam see some comcern about asking about a certain drug to our pm docs. But isnt it our jon as well as to knnowing what we have taken and what we read about that might help us? I mean we read all this sites and listen to people offer suggestions as to what helps them. We should, without being looked suspsious on ask or ? what meds might work for us. I am on oxycodone, cxycotin, soma, valium, and it was my research that got me to where I can function on a dailu level. Im just sayimg