Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

why so much medicine only 2 month Supply

mikeystcmmikeystc Posts: 21
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Pain Medications

2 for swelling 1 for muscle relaxer 2 painkillers

Methylprednisolone 6 Day Packet Nasty Side Effects
diclofenac sodium 75 ec Twice Daily For Swelling
Flexeril 10mg The Generic Verison Muscle Relaxer I Dont Feel
Tramadol 50mg Every 4-6 Hours
Now They Incrased The Norco To Vicodin ES!

Severe Dry Mouth Groggy. Blurry Vision

And Yes I General Anixety Disorder For 12 Years
Haldol 0.5mg & Klonopin 0.5mg Should I tell My Doctor To
Quit Giving Me Medicine For Swelling!

• Norco would be 10/325 whereas I believe the Vicodin ss is 7/750 so less hydrocodone and more acetaminophen. I would not be very happy with my doctor for switching me to more of that! It seems your doctor is cutting you back on narcotics. I'll be interested with any other responses you may get however because I am curious about their opinion.

The rest of the list looks fairly typical. Flexeril does nothing for me too, so you are not alone there. Good luck.
  • Norco and vicoden are both the same drug- hydrocodone but contain different amounts of tylenol..
    Vicoden dosages come as follows -* 500 mg tylenol or also may have 325 mg of tylenol instead since the recommendations have changed for the amount of tylenol one should consume daily.
    Vicoden - 5 mg hydrocodone/*500 mg tylenol or *325 mg tylenol-written as Vicoden 5/500 mg or Vicoden 5/325 mg
    Vicoden ES- 7.5 mg hydrocodone/*500 mg tylenol or *325 mg tylenol -written as Vicoden ES 7.5/500 mg or Vicoden ES 7.5/325 mg
    Vicoden HP- 10 mg hydrocodone/*500 mg tylenol or * 325 mg tylenol-written as Vicoden HP 10/500 or Vicoden HP 10/325 mg

Norco- hydrocodone (opiate)
    Norco - 5 mg hydrocodone/325 mg tylenol - written as Norco 5/325
    Norco - 7.5 mg hydrocodone/325 mg tylenol -written as Norco 7.5/325 mg
    Norco - 10 mg hydrocodone/325 mg tylenol -written as Norco 10/325 mg

As to whether or not you should tell the doctor to not give you medication for swelling would depend on whether or not you have swelling. If you do, anti inflammatory medications help to reduce it. Tylenol does nothing for inflammation so the tylenol in the Norco won't help with inflammation. Flexiril is used to treat muscle spasms, and you may not notice it's effects if you have been taking it for a period of time unless you stop taking it. If you have muscle spasms still , it does help to reduce them.
    Dry mouth happens as a side effect of many medications, not just pain meds. Biotene toothpaste and mouthwash, as well as oral drops help to ease the symptoms of dry mouth when you use it regularly. I love it..
    As for the constipation, eat lots of leafy , green vegetables and fiber, as well as make sure that you drink at least 10 8 ounce glasses of water a day to help combat constipation.