Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

just when I thought it was safe to forget about it, T9-T10

moeck01mmoeck01 Posts: 29
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Okay..quick background, in 2007 I had a 2 level ACIF for spondylosis and degenerative disc disease.

In 2010 I had a 2 level PLIF for MVA caused spondylolisthesis. Was pain free until approximately

October of 2011. Return of increasingly severe symptoms lead to an MRI which showed some fluid around one level. A ESI was done with absolutely no relief. That led to a cervical and thoracic MRI with contrast. The theroy being that i might have another spondylosis that is creating pressure to my lumbar region.

MRI showed a moderate herniation at T9-T10, with the disk being dried out and blackened. In the meantime my lumbar symptoms have kept increasing and the nerve pain has gone down to my left knee and ocasionaly my foot.

Next round was a thin slice CT which revealed 2 loose sacral screws and possible pseudoarthrosis.

Friday I had the nuclear bone scan to see what else may be going on that the CT/MRI did not pick up. Lying on that hard table for so long did a major job on my back. I had been in severe lower back, hip and radiating leg pain all Friday night and all day yesterday.

Well, today, without warning, among everything else, I have started to get thoracic symptoms. The severe pain just to one side of my spine (at that level), pain radiating around my ribs, some abdominal pain.

Thanks for listening. I can deal with the lumbar surgery, and even the cervical if it comes to that again. But the idea of thoracic has me terrified. I tried a course of PT to strengthen the muscles around that level when it was first discovered but it set off a wave of cervical radiculapathy symptoms so they stopped.