Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Has anyone had good results

j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Alternative Treatments
with physical therapy? I finished my therapy. I think there were 12 visits + exercises at home.
I honestly don't see any improvement or benefit.
The insurance just gave the OK for 6 more sessions. And I'm not to sure the right hand knows what the left hand dose.
I've never had P.T. before and don't really know what to expect. Or what the normal treatment is for my surgery recovery.
With only 6 more sessions approved I don't know if I should stick with this place. Or try a different one.
Click my name to see my Medical history
You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!

• Depends on the physical therapist. Insurance companies are so TIGHT about PT sessions - its a shame but it pays to find a PT who really knows spine well, specifically that has done a fellowship in spine, not just who is closest/most convenient.

For example, I can now tell when my SI joint is out, and what exercises to do to get it back in.

A lot of physical therapists seem to know the "basic" instructions - just such a waste to go back in to repeat your exercises in front of them instead of doing something you can't do at home or by yourself for the other 5 sessions.
  • I've had good results from doing PT, although it was way more then 12 visits. I went for probably 25 visits after a 360 revision surgery and it did help. Went again about 1 year later as I was slipping into more walking problems. I found a new PT that was 18 miles away that specialized in spinal patients. I had a very hard time getting in to see her as she was booked up. Only went for 15 visits and it really helped me and improved my core. I did different exercises that I had never done before in PT and I've been going off/on since 1999.

I have another surgery scheduled on the 12th of next month and WILL be going back to her for PT. Doesn't hurt that she is cute either.

I've also found that you have to do the exercises on the days between visits and for me that is the hard part.