Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

urine shows no percocet?

DarlaDDarla Posts: 13
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Pain Management
:? :? Hi all I just came back from pm visit and was told that my urine tests for the past 4 months show no metabolites for oxycodone! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE! I have been taken 5 oxys per day since sept! Needless to say I felt very uncomfortable trying to defend myself. If this was the case why do they keep treating me with injections 4 to be exact! That was for lumbar I also have a discogram coming up oj the 4th! Also found out today I have 4 herniations in my neck!!! I came away from this appt very confused! FELT VERY UNCOMFORTABLE AT THIS VISIT! Has this ever happend to any of u!

• I have never had that happen, but I do know we all metabolize medications differently. For example, I hadn't taken any darvocet (this was about four years ago now!) for about 2 and 1/2 weeks. When I took a UA for a job, eek, it came up in my system. All of my research told me based on its half life it shouldn't show up, but it most certainly did. I've been with that employer for the whole time because I had a prescription. No harm, no foul.

A question...do they forward your 'sample' to a lab to do the really intense testing after they do their office test?

If I keep metabolites for a longer than "normal" time, I suppose it's possible for you to metabolize it super quick. And if they are still writing the prescriptions it must not bother them that much??? I wouldn't base how they may or may not feel based on them still doing injections but that's just me. Anyway, just keep following your doctor's instructions to the letter and keep your nose clean. The truth will prevail. Good luck and I wish you many pain free days.

• Hope it doesn't cause you a problem as I was told they want to see evidence of the drugs you are taking in your pee. Its one of the reasons to test and that is to make sure you are using it and not selling it.

Maybe you are taking some other drugs that mask the oxyeeee. How often are you tested and where do they send the pee?
  • My Nov urine test showed high level of oxycodone! and no restoril.
    I take 10 mg of Narco 5 X day
    and 1 Restoril for sleep at night.
    This is my third "fail"
    First fail was on my second visit they said I wasn't taking enough of the Lortab or so the test showed,???
    Second "fail" was tested positive of alcohol, trace, PA I talked about as no big deal and was probably my mouthwash. I had a couple of beers then with a lunch about a week before. The PA didn't seem that concerned certainly didn't tell they would consider that a "fail". I stopped any alcohol after that. I am not really a "drinker" but never mind....
    But this time is bad, I may get "fired" the Doc, PA and I talked this over for awhile.
    Of course I have no explanation. I take what the pharmacy fills for me and the pills are either white or yellow and oblong, pharmacist said color is just different maker. It has me totally freaked out. Since the first "fail" I have been so careful taking the pills
    and a couple of days before going for my appointment I make sure I take my morning pill a couple of hours before the visit. I have to drive 75 miles for this visit and I really don't like taking my med and then driving around if I don't have to, just in case.
    The really weird thing is not positive for the restoril only percocet.
    Driving home it got me thinking about the urine tests? I wonder now if another patient failed their test too and instead of showing the percocet theirs shows up neg for that but positive for hydocodone and restoril. I didn't have my wits about me when all this happened at his office. Anyway then I come home and look at the drug screen receipt where they usually check off what the cup reads, in my case in the record point of care nothing is checked off pos or neg usually the opiates is check positive and all the other including oxydone is check off as negative. But that Nov test nothing is check off and of course that day I wasn't pay any attention to what I signed because it had become such a routine for me. That will never happen to me again. Anyway the Doctor said how normally it is 3 fail and your out and how I am only one that really knows what happened because I am the one who takes the medicine (I guess telling me I am the only one who knows if I am lying or not) but he did refill a prescription though he reduced the Narco to 4 per day "so I can we can see how I do with 40mg/day instead of the 50mg". I am dreading the next 30 days wondering if I am going to get a letter saying he is discharging me for blah blah.
    I have several of my old drug screen test that all show the little boxes checked off as neg except the opiates as a positive and the last one showing nothing checked off.
    Sorry to be so long with this post and it is being mostly about sharing the experience and giving the advice of always checking the paperwork before you sign and leave the Drs office and take nothing for granted at these Doctors offices and clinics.
    I have thought about if I don't get fired bringing the receipts in and show the PA the difference in the other test and bring up the idea of there being someone else who also failed their tests but my thoughts if they did screw up a urine test they would never admit to it and probably just make them angry and then end up being "fired" after further review type bs.
    C3-4-5 fusion 2005
    C-5-T-1 disk bulged
    L-4-5 bulge to the right, with Microdiscectomy, failed
    L5- Bi-Lateral bulge
    Pain in right foot -loss of feeling
    Left butt, hip and front thigh pain with bad shooting pain into inside ankle sometimes
  • So Darla what ended up happening with this problem?
    C3-4-5 fusion 2005
    C-5-T-1 disk bulged
    L-4-5 bulge to the right, with Microdiscectomy, failed
    L5- Bi-Lateral bulge
    Pain in right foot -loss of feeling
    Left butt, hip and front thigh pain with bad shooting pain into inside ankle sometimes