Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Charite alternative?

trichick76ttrichick76 Posts: 5
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Only just read that the Charite lumbar disc is no longer available and J&J is replacing with InMotion. My husband had a Charite implanted 3 years ago with amazing results (lucky guy), but now that I'm up for a similar procedure there isn't a good alternative. My surgeon doesn't like ProDisc, but is advises that I have a hybrid fusion.

I'm only 35yo and was doing Ironman and Half Ironman triathlons until all went down the drain last year. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I walked into my surgeons office expecting to be able to get a Charite, too, and walked out mortified after seeing all the hardware involved in the hybrid alternative.

Many, many thanks in advance :)

• I have nothing good to say about artificial disc as i had the flexicore artificial disc put in my l4l5 and caused nerve damage and i am much worse then before my surgery,

Your husband did get very lucky it sounds like,

Spine surgery is never simple and risk is there for nerve damage so its never an easy decision, They left my fkexicore adr in and fused the level but it did not help either as nerve damage and pain is still there of course,

Good luck on what ever you decide,
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,