Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What do I have Costo,Fybro or something else??

shawn lsshawn l Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:02 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
Here is what happened to me: March 2nd I was weight lifting and over did it on front lat pull downs,back made a sharp pain upper left to right.March 3rd felt like I had an elephant on my chest(no pain just pressure).
I went to see a doctor and he checked my heart(EKG,blood sample,urine sample etc).Said my back muscles were super hard under tension and too relax.
The problem spread,although the chest pressure completely went away,now I have upper left back pain and I had a super tense neck and jaw muscles.
4 doctors and 1 chiro later they said I possibly have a rib out of place that doesn't show on my XRAYS (had 2 xrays).My family doctor recommended Physio.
4 physio sessions later they managed to completely massage the trapzius muscle and neck muscles as they are back to normal.While they were rock solid however id get dizzy spells and sore teeth from the jaw tension (no headaches,no fever,appetite was also very good).Eyes felt heavy and slow to react.
In final last Friday something very uncomfortable started happening,I still have pain to the touch rear left upper back, right beside the spine near shoulder blade.The worst part is the tender jaw muscles each side of my jaw joints(hurts and feels so bad makes me taste weird when really inflammed).And the worst is when I feel like I lose strength in my arms just slightly (not numb) almost like my spine is having a spasm or something,feel light headed etc,so I have to stand up ice it and calm down then it resides.Not so much pain ,more like im annoying something inside me so its building up an axietey feeling.
I went to an osteopath last Tuesday when he saw me he started laughing?? He asked me to open my mouth and laughed again? wtf? He showed me im a full almost 2 inches higher left side shoulder where my injury occured and still is.He said the whole upper left side is crooked(also xrays showed that my spine was crooked left side).He said no wonder my jaw hurts,it follows the spine and neck hence all crooked.He said 2-3 more sessions I should be ok Does this make sense to everyone??or anyone??He also said the massive out of wack articulation since my poster is very very bad can cause all these symptoms I have(weird nerve twitches and spasms,jaw inflammed each side,breathing without hardly using my diaphram doesn't help anything,anxiety etc......ANY Opinions would be helpful ,,,ill take anything from anyone.I just want my jaw and the weird nerve feelings to go away,i almost miss just having the back pain only.He also said be patient 1 osteo visit won't fix everything,usually 2nd or 3rd has real impact.