Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

PT brings new challenges?

llfoster22lllfoster22 Posts: 14
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:03 AM in Exercise and Rehab
I am 6 weeks out from surgery, fusion L4 and L5 and have been doing really well until I started PT! at the end of the day i have PT i am having trouble walking, stiff and sore. the next day i want to sleep all day and am very stiff and sore. is this usual following surgery? i get confused between "listen to your body" and "no pain, no gain."

65 yo female, RN, approx 3 year hx of back pain, numbness,tingleing down L leg. had all conservative txs for stenosis, foraminal nerve impingement L4,L5 then had fusion

• be very careful that you do not injure yourself. Fusion takes a lot of time. Months if not a full year to really be fuzed and you could cause it not to fuze completely. That's what happen to me. I am surprised that you PT dont have you doing aqua PT unless you still have open wounds.
    I couldnt do PT for 3 months after surgery. They would not allow me to then when i could i did Aqua PT. I was always told if it causes pain then i shouldnt do it and increase long lasting pain i should let my PT know.