Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

After 4 surgeries Pain pump worked!

EricEEric Posts: 89
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:03 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Yes, almost 10 years later, 4 surgeries and the pain pump working for me. Those who read my other posting can see that i have been through it all. From injections, spinal cord stimulator, TLFIT, discectomy, to revision of surgery. This past February doctors and I agreed that this was the last shot. The trail went well so we went ahead with the surgery. After healing and 2 days i notice a huge difference. I am able to walk unassisted, i am exercising, walking long distance, standing for long periods of time and am in 80% less pain. The pain that i am in is very manageable. I am no longer on 13 pills a day and only medication I am taking is the medication that is in the pump. I dont even have to use my spinal cord stimulator everyday.
Now i get pain some days where i notice it and it affects my daily activities but by god i am much better! I am not worried about years from now , but enjoying that i am back to some kind or normalcy after almost 10 years of pain and helplessness. I can shower on my own, drive, go to stars, shows, movies almost everything i could do before the accident. Now i have asked should I have done this first and i agree that it was the combination of everything that has already been done.
This was the last option and wanted to be the last option due to the medication. Those of us out there that has been through failure surgery after surgery, medication after medication, procedure after procedure...don't give up. There are methods and things out there to help you get back to a normal. Keep searching and keep your head up high. Never rule anything out before you try it. I had ruled this out because i didn't want these medications to be going through my body forever but i am glad that i gave it a try. I am so much better now, so happy and in so much more pain relief.

• GREAT news :D I assume you know Pat and whitebeard both PP people as well ?

L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • no i do not know them....i am in las vegas.
  • Eric they are members here ;)

I will post the thread it has a load of info about the pain pump: http://www.spine-health.com/forum/treatment/pain-management/pain-pump-implant-update
    L1 - S2 "gone" useless in 1 way or another. DDD. RA. Bone Spurs. Tons of nerve damage/issues. Stenosis. Both knees replaced. 50 yrs old. I had a great fall (hence my user name) at age 41 and it has been a domino effect every since.
  • jlrfryejjlrfrye ohioPosts: 1,110
    Im scheduled for my PP on the 13th of June. Cant wait!!!!
  • Suan i hope you have much success as i have had with my pump. Just one sucky part....you cannot get the medication turned on until about 2-3 weeks after your staples are removed. So not only did you have to deal with the pain that you normally have but the pain of staples and healing from the surgery. It was an painful and annoying 3 weeks. Then the medication took about 2-3 days for it to really start working, you body accepting the medication (the sleepiness, weakness and stick stomach). Once the medication started working it i a huge difference and noticeable right away. It got better as days went on but i wish you much success.