Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New to site but not new to back problems

gabriel777gabriel777 Posts: 31
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:03 AM in New Member Introductions
Greetings to everyone. I'm new to the site and I have read alot of personal stories and I sincerely sympathize with all of you suffering. I had a central-left sided L5-S1 disc herniation pushing on CSF filled sac and L5 nerve root which sent me for instant surgery back in 1995.
May 22, 2012 CT Scan reveal what is going on now;
L4-L5; there is a mild circumferential disc bulge with a superimposed right foraminal broad-based disc protrusion. The disc material is effacing the perineural fat around the exiting right L4 nerve root and could be resulting in impingment. Spinal canal appears minimally narrowed.
L5-S1; There is assymetric disc space narrowing with reletively severe narrowing of the disc space to the left of midline, and minimal narrowing to the right of midline. A moderate-sized left posterolateral end plate osteophyte is seen, which is encroaching on the neural foramen and resulting in moderate left foraminal stenosis. There is effacement of the perineural fat around the exiting L5 nerve root and impingment of the nerve root cannot be excluded with this appearance. A small posterior central disc protrusion is identified which indents the ventral aspect of the thecal sac and results in minimal decrease in the AP diameter of the spinal canal. The right lateral recess and right neural foramina are widely patent. The left lateral recess is mildly narrowed.
Previous plain x rays revealed moderate disc space narrowing at both L4-L5 and L5-S1 disc spaces.

So there's my story. Been dealing with a bad back for over 17 years.

• hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can.. i am sorry i cannot read a CT scan but i did want to say hello.. your doctor really is the best one to explain it to you!! he can also offer you treatment options and referrels.. in the meantime, please have a look around and make yoursef at home! explore and read!!! good luck to you as you search for treatment options.. stop by anytime.Jenny :)