Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

martyjommartyjo Posts: 57
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:03 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well, I've posted here and said that I'd never have any further back surgery but I'm scheduled to have L2-3 laminectomy with fusion this coming week. I am not looking forward to any of this.

The pain is my greatest fear. I have never had such pain as after my last surgery L3-S1 fusion. I worry about my aftercare. I worry about getting about. I worry about getting out of bed. I worry about the bone harvest pain. That's awful. I;m just a wreck with worrying about everything. I have my walker to help be about. I have my grabber if I drop the remote. I'm 63 years old and I worry about the anesthesia too.

I try not to think about it as my doctor would not be doing the surgery if he thought another way would be best for my herniated disc and the vertebra being shifted out of alignment. Or, maybe not. I don;t know. I trust him, which is a good thing, but then again, he's a doctor and they aren't always right.. right? Oh well, I will post once again when I can get on a computer and let you know how things go.

• just tell the anaesthetist that you will require more than the normal and make sure the hear your voice .they had to give me almost lethal amounts of painkillers after my ALIF .as i take loads of Oxycontin every day
    as of anesthetics they are very safe now ,i was worried too .as i am unfit fat and smoke ! .but i came through it and the anaesthetist assured me that i would .unless you are extremely well i would not worry ..best of luck ..you know its not going to be an easy ride ..you have been there before so don't kid yourself ..having said that ...i wish you all the best and a speedy recovery
    tony {UK}
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014