Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Whats next....CT Scan result

gabriel777gabriel777 Posts: 31
Got my ct scan results:
No significant abnormality identified.
There is a mild circumferential disc bulge with a superimposed right foraminal broad based disc protrusion. The disc material is effacing the perineural fat around the exiting right L4 nerve root and could be resulting in impingment. The left neural foramen is minimally narrowed with no evidence of impingment. The spinal canal appears to be minimally narrowed, especially to the right of midline.
There is asymmetric disc space narrowing with relativly severe narrowing of the disc space to the left of midline, and minimal narrowing to the right of midline. A moderate-sized left posterolateral end plate osteophite is seen, which is encroaching on the neural foramen and resulting in moderate left foraminal stenosis. There is effacment of the perineural fat around the exiting left L5 nerve root and impingment of the nerve root cannot be excluded with this appearance. Clinical corelation is required. A small posterior central disc protrusion is identified, which indents the ventral aspect of the thecal sac and results in a minimal decrease in the AP diameter of the spinal canal. The right lateral recess and right neural foramina are widely patent. The left lateral recess is mildly narrowed.

I believe this is all resulting from an injury in 1993 which led me to a L5-S1 discectomy for a central left sided disc herniation pushing on the thecal sac and L5 left nerve root. Had an anterior L4-L5 disc protrusion with no symptoms until recently. I have been lefting heavy all my life starting when I was 13 years old and working as a part time butcher. It is remarkable how many pounds a person can lift and manipulate in a day. I am a very fit and very active man and I am now 47 and I am wondering if I have to go for surgery, which procedure would give the best results. Any tips would be much appreciated.
I have been reading mutiple stories here and can so Identify with you all. And from experience it is much better to be well informed about your spine condition. Information is our best defense against fear of the unknown.

Peace everyone.