Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain all over body not sure what to do anymore!!!!!!!!

jangirl24jjangirl24 Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:03 AM in Chronic Pain
i have disectomy cervical5-6,cage 6-7 cronic venus insufficency, fibromyalgia, multilevel ddd in low back, i just had pelvic organ prolapse surgery for badder, vagina, rectum. i have bad anxiety and deppression i have gained 45 pounds. i dont know what to do anymore, i have no medical so i cant get meds for pain i cant have sex anymore because i dont feel right about myself i am going to lose my husband if i dont get better some how, i live in washington state does anyone have any suggestions at all of what i can do, i would be thankful for anything right now. thnks
advertisement

Comments

• What the heck does your family dr say,you should have state medical if you cant afford insurance and if your income is low.family dr should work with and help you, Rick pa
  • i tryed that we make to much money, but if we get individual insurance it was still about 500.00 for insurance for me we cant afford that, not sure what to do, family doc says she cant do anything about neck and arms its l and i claim problem but they wont do anything because its walmart insurance. ive been dealing with that for about 9 years thay waited 6 years to do my surgery when i got hurt. i think appling for ssdi would be my best bet right now, its scary but what else can i do! thank u for your suggestgions i am happy that people are so willing to help! again thanks
  • Hello, I know how that works,my income is just over limit but lucky i had to get ssd,then i got medicare,i was hurt at work,i guess you can fill the paper work out online and get ssd,you will get from the day you was injured.Rick
  • Jangirl-

We are all empathetic to you writing that you feel like you can't take it anymore. It sounds like you might have been given 4 or 5 peoples' worth of medical challenges.

Have you checked to see if there is a medical school in your area? Where I live, the medical school offers a free clinic one day a week and does osteopathic manipulation therapy. It's a holistic, long-recognized, well researched process of helping your body learn to not have your foot on the gas and the brake at the same time. We get into horrible cycles where the anxiety of the pain ramps up the pain ramps up the anxiety ad infinitum.

Another free thing I take advantage of is mindfulness based stress reduction. A man at UMass' medical school discovered a way through focusing on your breathing then "scanning" your body parts (refocusing your attention away from what hurts) that you can do a lot to get into a really relaxing state of mind. Jon Kabat-Zinn's Body Scans are available for free on the net, try youtubing his name.

More than anything, I wish you peace - of both mind and body.
    Mack
  • :) i am thamkful to all of u for your help, i have a few things to figure out but i think things will get better, again thanks.
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.