Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

is there a patch i can buy at walgreens or jewel

mikeystcmmikeystc Posts: 21
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:03 AM in Pain Management
that can help with the one and off pain i need help these neurosurgeon are tough to get an appointment i need to sign a appointment request form first to get a consolation. sorry the misspelled word i need to get 2nd opinion and 3rd opinion badly

• On top of my pain meds I sometimes use a patch called Tiger patches. It is otc. There is a script patch called lidocaine I have never tried before. Then another script called fentnyl. It is much stronger than morphine. Try the Tiger patches, not the ointment. It has capsaican (?) in it which comes from a type of hot pepper.
  • :''( I have found one that helps when added to the meds, it's called Salonpas, I can't put heat on anything so these are cold and it temporarly helps. You can get them at any pharmacy
  • for Salonpas. It's helped me, too.
  • My pain doc tried me out on lidocaine patches. It did nothing for me. I wish I could try fentanyl. I hear its really strong and would probably be a lot better than what I'm prescribed.
  • kamgramkkamgram Posts: 483
    edited 07/21/2012 - 6:55 PM
    My primary gave me samples of Lidoderm and Flector patches. The Lidoderm just made the surface of skin numb but did not help pain in back or knee. The Flector patch which contains Diclofenac inflammtory does help but are very expensive even with insurance so only use when I have to. Fentanyl contain an opiate and can be dangerous to someone handling them and to children if found. There have been lots of overdoses from it so I just feel safer with oral meds. Hope you feel better.