Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Very painful 2 seconds down right leg.

Brink of IndyBBrink of Indy Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:03 AM in Recovering from Surgery
2008 got hit by car. Broken back had to have spinal fusion all the L's (lumbar). I can't feel but parts of my right leg at all time. I had pain for awhile then seemed to get better, returned to work and started getting these shocks, spasims, 2 second of the worst pain in right butt, right thigh, right ankle or right heel. This can repeat every 5 to 45 minute in up 14 hour stints. When this happens I can't sleep, walk, drive nor stand at times. This repeats very 2 to 3 weeks, worse I found out when I have caffine.
I've been on all kinds of pain and nerves meds and none do that much, but I'm on oxcodone (eat 'em like candy) helps but I still can't function when these pains happen. I do have pain in lower back after on feet for 4 hours that is a different pain that does suck but one thing at a time.
Any help out there? I've been to many doctors. I don't care if the fix is illegal I just want life back.
Sorry soooooo long! : )

• You shold take this up with you Dr. and see what his reaction is. Maybe a spinal cord stimulator would help. There may be other options also but they would need to come from your Dr. as he knows all the particulars of your situation. I would keep my mouth shut about willing to do illegal things. All your pain management Dr. needs to do is find out you said that and you could find yourself having a very bad time getting pain meds. Its one thing to think it......