Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Please HELP...Neck, Shoulder, Arm pain

mjlindsleymmjlindsley Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:03 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
Hi...so after 4 long years of dealing with pain I final found a doctor who has listened to me and doesn't make me feel like I'm making it up. I finally had a MRI. It states that C5-C6 has mild degenerative disc disease is present with trace disc buldge and a subtle annular tear of the posterior annular margin. Left unconvertebral joint arthropathy is present. Mild right neural foraminal stenosis is present. There is mild bilateral facet joint arthropathy. Can someone please put this in terms I can understand? I have had everything, medication, injections, physical therapy, nothing works and it is just getting worse. I am sooooo tired of band aids and honestly would just like to have surgery with hopes of a more permentantly fix. I'm scared that reading the words " mild, trace, subtle" that the doctor won't think that I need surgery but I really think its time. Please help....

• Sometimes a herniation is not very visible on an mri. Mine said "mild" and I nearly cried. After my surgery the surgeon said it looked like my disc had exploded and there were shreds lodged everywhere... nothing near mild! He said to my mother, "No wonder she was in so much pain". I was so happy when I heard that!

Just a side note... Please only post your topic one time.. Most of us use the box on the left to see new threads and when you post more than once it blocks everyone elses out!
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg
  • misstereemmissteree Posts: 1
    edited 09/20/2012 - 4:21 PM
    I am going through the exact same thing you are. I just went to a new Ortho for a 2nd opinion on surgery, and he told me that based on my MRI results, my condition is not severe enough for surgery..... yet I am in constant pain. NOTHING has helped, and I have been going through this for 10 years now. I have been to chiropractors, physical therapists, pain management, massage therapy, and any relief has been only temporary. How can I make the doctor understand how serious my pain is. After I cried in his office, all he could say was "not everything can be fixed with surgery..." Yeah, I know exactly what you are going through, unfortunately , I can't give you any good advice because I too am not getting the support and treatment that i need. Please keep me posted on your progress!
    Donnabe - how did you get so "lucky"? Your mri was labeled "mild", and you still ended up having surgery.... how did that happen? Is there a magical secret code to use with the doctor to get the to agree to surgery?????