Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Burning and pain all over

drkddrk Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:03 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi! I am a 35 year old female that has 2 young kids. In April 2011 I had a serious muscle spasm in my back after walking a lot on vacation. I thought it was from a lumbar protruding disc. I ended up in the ER and was given pain killers and prednisone. Later that month, I went to a Chiropractor to help the pain and muscle tightness. It did help, but one day I had pains running down both legs. I thought it was sciatica, but then I started having tingling in my feet, then hands. I then started having burning and pain n my legs, feet, then hands and arms. The burning traveled through my body within a month. I have been tested for everything under the sun. I do not have peripheral neuropathy, MS, Lupus, Lyme, or small fiber neuropathy. The only thing that was found to maybe cause these symptoms was a herniated disc in my cervical area. C5-C6. It is indenting the spinal cord mildly it says. I do get pain in my right arm, shoulder, and index finger and thumb(slight numbness). I am so frustrated. I have burning just about everywhere. I don't have any major sensitivity issues luckily. Please help me figure this out or if you can relate please let me know. Thanks!!
advertisement

Comments

• I had spinal stenosis at the same level and even after surgery I still get zaps in the legs, arms back muscles, etc. It isn't as bad as before surgery, but if there is pressure on the spinal cord you can get nerve irritation below that level. Did the prednisone help you? Before my surgery, I was given prednisone and it made me really sick. Spinal stenosis really sucks!

Have you tried getting an epidural into C5-C6? How about physical therapy? Are you on any medication? I am 43 and have 2 young kids, too. You can PM me if you want to know more about my personal experience. I hope you find a treatment that works for you! :)
    2011 ACDF C5-6 for Spondylosis with Myleopathy
    2012 L4-5 herniated disc and hernated disc at C4/5 2013 Taking Amitriptyline for headaches
  • Lili,

thanks for replying to my post. I have not had injections at that level yet. I am taking pt right now. They tried traction and it made all my pain and burning flare. So now they are working on my low back bc i have some pain in my SI joint area. It has helped my back pain in the lower back some:) When I took prednisone it made me feel like superwoman and I didn't hurt much at all, but when I was taken off all the inflammation returned. I get these crampy feelings in my legs. Did you have that? I am on Gabapentin and Cymbalta. They have helped me function so I can work. I am a teacher. Luckily, my year is over. Thank you so much again for your help. You can PM me anytime also. Danielle
  • Lili,

thanks for replying to my post. I have not had injections at that level yet. I am taking pt right now. They tried traction and it made all my pain and burning flare. So now they are working on my low back bc i have some pain in my SI joint area. It has helped my back pain in the lower back some:) When I took prednisone it made me feel like superwoman and I didn't hurt much at all, but when I was taken off all the inflammation returned. I get these crampy feelings in my legs. Did you have that? I am on Gabapentin and Cymbalta. They have helped me function so I can work. I am a teacher. Luckily, my year is over. Thank you so much again for your help. You can PM me anytime also. Danielle
  • i had stenosis in my spine and had very bad burning all over my body. I couldn't stand having clothes on me sometimes. I did a lot of physical therapy and it did help the burning sensation. Have you tried icing your neck? I have hypersensitivity because of the spinal cord injury and for a while i couldn't stand touching anything without wearing gloves.My hands got so sensitive that touching anything caused intense pain.I was also tested twice for MS because the symptoms between the two are very similar. Did your chiropractor have your mri before he did anything to you? If he doesn't have any of the tests that were done i would not be having him treat you. Has your doctor told you not to let him treat you with your neck issues because it could be very dangerous.
  • Hi tammy, when I saw the chiro it was a year ago and I did know there was anything wrong with my neck. My neuro finally did a mri of my cervical area 2 months ago. I haven't seen a chiro for over a year. I totally agree with you. Thanks for sharing your story with me. I do ice my neck and back. It does seem to help. Did your burning go away after surgery? Thanks again!
  • I meant to say I did not know about the cervical issues on the above post. Sorry:). Also, I have been tested for MS and I am negative for that. Thank goodness.
advertisement