Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

same meds as before surgery

D.G.DD.G. Posts: 14
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:03 AM in Pain Management
I had a 360 plif about three weeks ago. In the hospital post op what they were giving me barely worked. when it was time for release they sent me home with my regular scripts i take everyday and I was super confused. Should meds be upped for a short time post op cause my pain was horrible.
I take 10mg oxycontin 3xday and 10mg percs 3xday plus flexaril and neurontin. I had the worst 2 weeks of my life hurting like you cant believe.

Is this normal? any advice will help. thanks

• for a civilised society ! your on a very small amount of pain killers .and your consultant should have made you comfy in hospital; and sent your home with a revised script .{they did for me ] i take 3x 80mg oxycontin {long acting} and 6 x20mg oxynorm} instant version every day .{{in hospital i was on 4 x 80mg and 10x 20mg }}
    so you have a long way to go my friend !
    tony {UK}
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • hey there,
    sorry ur in such pain. Bad enough to go thru surgery and then the pain is much worse after.
    What did you discuss with you doc??
    when i had my surgery my doc had all my after meds called in to pharmacy, so ther would be no waiting.

Even tho we discussed it, the med he did give me was not good fit for me, so I paged him and he switched it.

Have u called ur doc, whens ur follow up appt.
    I had a great surgeon and when he got his msg he called me personally.
    I think you need call ur doc asap. Make sure ther is no infection, or something else wrong.
    hope you find relief soon
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • I saw the doc the following week cinsidering i was released on friday. mon i was in his office and he explained it was inflamation and should subside. he alos stated to contact my PM. I did contact and go to his office and practially had to beg for something for comfort. I recieved 20mg oxycontin 2x aday instead of 10mg 3 x aday. not much help in my opinion. My surgeon even sai it was likw going through surgery w/o pain meds. now Im 3 weeks out and surgeon said he will contact my PM and recommend I begin weening off all meds. I am still in so much pain but they just dismiss it.