Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Has anyone had temperature changes after SCS implant?

davidcrvddavidcrv Posts: 11
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:03 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
I have had my SCS in 4 months now and I can't stand it when the AC is higher then 66 anywhere above 70 and I'm sweating ... Has anyone experienced this?

Of course my PM said no it can't be from a SCS....

• My first thought, is there any medication/s that you were on prior to getting your implant that you are no longer taking? Or did you start any new medication recently? Anything is possible, however it would seem highly unlikely you have issues with temperature unless you possibly have a low grade fever from an infection brought on my the implant.

Let us know what you eventually find out.

• The only temp change for me that I have noticed it my hand that is affected by my nerve damage is warm now after almost 4 yrs of bn cold. As far as temp change like u mentioned I would talk to ur doc about it and see if it is a side effect of meds on or use to be on.
  • I would see if your body is adapting or rejecting the device in the body. Remember anything that doesn't belong our body will naturally try to fight it off. I agree that it may be an infection or medication you are on. The chances of it being your SCS now, 4 weeks later i would think is uncommon. You would have more likely experience this within the first two weeks. When did you have your staples removed? Did you just finish your anti-biotic or stilling taking them?