Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Are we allowed to discuss

lstellerllsteller Posts: 1,428
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:03 AM in Chronic Pain
The new Spine Wave Nu-Core procedure? I know it is currently on in trial, and not yet approved by the FDA, but there are studies in (I think) four separate countries including the US that seem very promising. As someone with DDD, if I lose more levels, I certainly would prefer this to another fusion.

Moderators: If this is not allowed, please just delete the post. No harm intended, but I thought it was something that might interest many of us who suffer.

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.

• Why not? I've never heard of it and as a spiney who will most likely be facing another surgery within a couple of years I wouldn't mind discussing this, along with any alternatives. I cringe at the thought of another fusion.

• It's an interesting read. Check out Spine Wave, Inc. Under products check out "outside the United States" and read about NuCore Injectable . It's been tested in several countries. Now, we wait and see. Have a good night.
  • It's a protein polymer of some sort that can be injected into the disc space and it mimics the cushioning nature of a normal disc. I'm not sure if it will sort of jack the space up enough to take pressure off nerves and such, but anything that would give us more normal movement and another chance at having less pain is worth investigating in my book. I hope the trials proceed well and it becomes widely available.
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
This discussion has been closed.