Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

when hips are out of alignment?

tammycttammyc Posts: 894
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:03 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi everyone,
I went for a massage yesterday and was told when he began that he saw that my hips were out of alignment. Ok so what should i do about that. Do i go to my doctors? Would the massage help that. Could it be that my muscles are so tight on that one side that it was pulling my hip.I never thought to ask my massage therapist when he was finished if they had gotten back to normal place. I'm always in pain so i really wouldn't be able to tell if they were back to where they were supposed to be.Anyone have any suggestions

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,832
    out of alignment, or times when one leg is shorter than the other. With all of these situations, my physical therapist did some manipulations and I was given specific exercises to help that. Normally within a couple of days, things would be back to normal.

When I had follow on flare ups, sometimes this would happen again. My doctors were aware of this and basically agreed that physical therapy was the answer.

But as I always say, consult your doctor to be sure.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Thanks dilaura,that sucks because its always a chore trying to get into see my doctor. I could go to a clinic but i'm not sure how much they can do for me. I'm going to call my doctor on mon. and see how long the wait will be.
This discussion has been closed.