Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Best way to stretch hip flexors without too much pain?

MusikamoleMMusikamole Posts: 17
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:03 AM in Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Problems
My SI Joint really hurts, and other parts of my body, like my sciatic nerve, hurts much more after stretching my hip flexors.

How can one get a good hip flexor stretch WITHOUT overly stressing the posterior ligaments of the SI Joint?

I feel a sharp pain after the stretch, like a big twang, and it makes me not want to stretch those muscles. Any life stories on hip flexors and how it related to your SI Joint Dysfunction would be most appreciated.

Has anyone here had a massage therapist stretch your hip flexors. I am thinking about going to one, as my physical therapist was to hard on those muscles, and I locked up on the table, in excruciating pain.

• I have not posted much in this forum, but am I posting in the wrong type of forum? I get the feeling that this forum is 99% for people who have been through spine surgery, considering surgery, or struggling with post up complications. Am I correct? If so, I would appreciate direction on a good forum for non surgical treatments for spine issues. Thanks.

• Looking closer, this forum is called the Pain and Surgery Forum. No wonder why I am not getting any discussion or answers to my questions. Sorry. Wrong forum.
  • Hi. I have a similar problem. I am 22 and have had two failed back surgeries at the L5 S1 level. That was over a year ago and I still have leg and severe back pain. Recently I have been having a lot of pain in my right hip. I know I have a problem with my hip flexor because it is constantly pulling and popping when ever pressure gets put on it ( getting out of bed, crossing legs, nerve gliding, etc.) I have talked to my PT about it but they cannot seem to find an answer about it. The popping noise did not start happening until after my second surgery, and just started to become painful in the last couple months. My best bet would be to talk to your physical therapist and see if they have any different stretches you can do. Also, do you do adjustments on your pelvic/bone?