Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

L4-L5 herniated disc **** Laser ablation surgery?

shootnmovesshootnmove Posts: 6
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:03 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Im a 23 year old in shape male.

I was in a car accident abut 7 months ago, rear ended and car had over 5k in damage. I didnt have much pain until about a month ago. My MRI 4 months ago showed herniated L4 and L5 , and now for some reason Im having ALOT of pain.

I can barely move. I cant bend down to pickup things , VERY difficulty and VERY VERY painful to pick up heavy things.

Before this I had a moving business and could lift anything and do it all with EASE , now thats a forgotten dream. i can no longer squat at the gym or do the same back excercises.

My attorney (looking for cash) wants me to get laser ablasion surgery, but I havent been able to find ANY information about this online, it shows up alot for dogs ????

The pain is getting sever as in 8-9 /10 almost constantly and when I move wrong it literally cripples me and BAM I must stop immediatley.

I went through about 25 chiropractice treatments but during that time I wasnt in pain, about 2 months after stopping out of nowhere the pain hit and its awful.

What do I do ?

• I don't think your attorney should be any kind of suggestions about any kind of treatment at all unless he is also a MD.

Not sure what your comment was about your attorney looking for cash? Maybe its time to look for a new lawyer.

Sounds like something happened to one or more of your discs. You need to see a spine orthro, or neuro Dr. to start the ball rolling to find out what is really going on with your spine. Have you had x-rays or MRI's and if so what did you learn.

I would totally stop lifting anything as it sounds like all your going to do is cause further damage. Can't help you with why it just now showed up. Some on this site have had problems after seeing Chiro's. All you have to do is turn wrong and the pain can hit you like a truck. You need to see a real Dr.
  • my MRI a few months ago showed that I have 2 herniated disc;s in L4 and L5 but I had no pain, I did the BS chiro adjustments , they didnt hurt or help. 2 months after stopping the pain started 1 day and hasnt let up one bit. I dont know what I did wrong.

The Surgeon I did an eval with recomended this surgery, the lawyer is pushing for it because he knows with surgery he can get ask for more $ and in turn will get more cash if I go ahead with it.

My main question is that the doctor (who also has a profit motive) he makes $ off the surgery , also recomended epidural injections as well as lazer ablasion. i cant find much info on this surgery anywhere and dont wanna get f*cked up for life just for an extra ten grand and possibly be in worse pain than I am in now.
  • any comment on laser ablation ?