Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Morphine Pump

DawnODDawnO Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:03 AM in Chronic Pain
I have been having pain in the coccyx area for the past three years. After exhausting all routes to alleviate it, the Mayo Clinic removed the tailbone which was at a 90 degree angle.
Eight months after that surgery, my bladder fell and I had a hysterectomy and the bladder was tacked to the sacrum.
Since that surgery I have added pelvic floor pain to the problems I am having. Fentynal patches and dilaudid have helped me for almost two years, but now my doctor is considering a morphine pump.
I am wondering... Will it possibly be able to relieve the pelvic floor pain as well as the pain in my sacrum?
Thank you.
I'm new to this forum. Joined today. ;)

• Hello Dawn and welcome abord.
    I have had my pain pump 2 years now and yes it should take care of your pelvic floor pain too.
    But you will know for sure when you have a pain pump trial.
    You always have a trial before a permanent implant. That way you will know for sure the pump will help you. Pain pumps do not help everyone but that is rare. Most people get 80 to 90% pain relief with them. Pain pumps are the most effeciant way to get pain relief with only a fraction of narcotics it takes to get the same relief with oral meds. My pain pump has saved my life!
    If you want to read more about pain pumps go to the "Pain Management" section(you will find it on the menu page)there is a very long thread I started 2 years ago about my pain pump implant. It has over 200 plus comments and is about 5 pages long!! It will take about 4 days to read all of it!!LOL But there are other comments there too. There are other sections about pain pumps and spinal cord stimulators in other sections of Spine Health. Have a look see at everything this site has ro offer.

Best of luck to you and do please keep us updated.
    Patsy W
  • I got the SCS first which helped with pain relief for about 80% for about 2 months then jumped off the cliff and i was only getting 20% at a setting where i couldn;t control my shaking. about 4 years later i got the pain pump and i am 80% pain relief. The pain pump has given me back my life. My home was a CVS store and now i am not taking any medication orally. I hope that you have much success with you pump.
This discussion has been closed.