Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi everyone

paininohioppaininohio Posts: 240
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:03 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello, I’m new here. I’ve been lurking for a few months so I figured it was time to introduce myself. I’m 38 and I’ve had back problems ever since I can remember, but it was usually OK after ibuprofen. Well for the past 2 years the pain has gotten worse and worse to the point where I was walking hunched over.

So my regular family doctor, who is also a retired DO , gives me Celebrex, tramadol and butrans patch for the pain, (not all at the same time of course) which didn’t help; orders me an x-ray, not really thinking anything will show up but is required before an MRI can be ordered.
Well the x-ray showed “TRANSITIONAL LUMBOSACRAL SEGMENT IS SUGGESTED WITH MODERATE TO SEVERE DEGENERATIVE DISK DISEASE AT THE LEVEL TAKEN AS L3-L4 AND L4-L5 WITH ENDPLATE SCLEROSIS AND OSTEOPHYTE FORMATION AND MODERATE FACET OSTEOARTHROPATHY. THERE IS A TRANSITIONAL LEFT LUMBOSACRAL SEGMENT WITH ARTICULATION OF THE TRANSITIONAL SEGMENT AND THE SACRUM (bertolloti syndrome). He tells me that in his 40 years of practice as a DO, he’s never seen a case of bertollotti syndrome, so he refers me to pain management. I also had a neck x-ray which showed “degenerative changes at c-5 c-6 with disk space narrowing and spurring and some uncovertebral spurring. (Neck hurts worse than the back some days)

So I go the pain management doctor, he wants to do injections, which I can’t afford just yet due to insurance deductibles and he is understanding about this. He takes over meds and gives me Percocet 10/325 3x a day, baclofen 3x a day, and ibuprofen 3x a day. I also use my heating pad before bed and before I get out of bed LOL. I also use that Ben Gay lotion that you keep in the freezer. (Man that stuff is incredible!) Also I work full time 40 hours a week in an office setting.

Anyway, that’s my story. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

• hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. so glad you decided to drop in! i am sorry you are suffering from severe, chronic pain! how you work is beyond me!!i am glad you are in with a pain management doctor who is offering you adequate pain medications.. perhaps as time goes on you will be able to do some injections.. good luck to you!! stop by anytime!! there is always a spiney around! Jenny :)