Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Good Days or Bad Days

EricEEric Posts: 89
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:03 AM in Lower Back Pain
I know how good it is just to vent sometimes. So the purpose of this forums is to vent when we are having bad days and to reminder everyone that there ARE good days.
We can use this to encourage others that are having bad days that good days are to come. Even for us that have seen good days and not are being scared because of the bad day seeming like a repeat of the past.

• EricEEric Posts: 89
    edited 01/24/2014 - 10:45 AM
    So i started this post so i think i should post something since my bad day is what made me think of this.
    Now i am always in pain and since the pump it's been great..meaning it doesn't stop my day. The last week pain has been getting more noticeable and more noticeable. Difference is i have bad days (one or two days max) but this has been going on for about a week and each day seems to be getting a bit worst.
    I already made my appointment with my PM and he was surprise that it wasn't sooner. I am on a very low setting and all the medication i was on he was surprise in a good way that i was getting this much relief. He also told me that he really don't expect me to stay on this low of a setting.
    So there has been more good days than bad but the last week or say then appear to run back to back. Now dealing with pain for almost 10 years i have learn to ignore and have a high tolerance for pain. This is starting to become non-ignorable. I am sitting in a chair and this thing is starting to become really bothersome.
    Sadly what has me really scare is two things. 1. That this is how things always happen in the past..relief then fall off the cliff. The good thing is this pain is no where near how it was in the past when it falls off. Just noticeable enough from me to get scared.
    2. The pain has ALWAYS been in Back, right butt, right leg, right foot. Now i only feel it on left butt thigh area. EDIT
    Thank god there is no sharp pain or shooting pain but there is throbbing, aches and huge pressure in the back.
    The more i am typing the more i am getting worried. I cannot mentally afford to go backwards. Not after so much hope and getting my life back. I hope that turning up the pump tomorrow will resolve things, I hope that i am just tripping myself out right now, i hope that things will go back to a week ago, I PRAY that nothing else is wrong. Damn i am at work and feel like crying....grown EDIT mean crying at work is not good at all. I will try to stay positive and get my mind off pain. I can barely get out my chair and move with out increasing my pain while i am in the chair. Today is a bad day that i will somehow try to turn good. Please dont let anything be wrong. Just let this be a flare.

Post Edited for Inappropriate Language by Sandi.
    Please see the link below-The Spine-Health Moderator Team

• I have days just like the one you are having. I think it is normal for people with pain pumps. Just about every flare I have I think my pump has quit working!!
    I think all you need is an increase. Things should be a lot better in a couple of days.
    I had an extremely painfull episode for a few hours just yesterday. The pain came on all at once and lasted about 4 hours then it was gone as quickly as it came on. It was he%% for a few hours and naturally I thought my pump was not working!!Today all is well. No pain at all. Before my last increase flares were brutal and have lasted a week or even longer. I have back to back to back flares in the winter.
    Try to relax and see how the increase does tomorrow. I do not know about you but I never feel my increases until the next day.
    Keep us updated.
    Patsy W
  • It is good to read that this thing is normal. It did take about 2-3 days before the medication worked when first put in my pump. I am feeling worst and worst as this week and day goes on. Pain is increasing as this day goes on and i feel just about ready to go home but that was the old me. I know the pain can be worst and have been in the past 100x worst so i will just tough it out right now. My boss already notice an difference in me within the last 2 days and she says today i make her back her. (she has no back pain). She has already offered for me to go home but i will stick it out.
  • Well after last Saturday things leveled off. Today is an ok day. Still having pain but just not as strong as it was before. Bad news is that there might be something else wrong that i have to get imaging done.
  • The last couple of weeks have been really bad. Starting with old symptoms but in a new area. Now i have having pain on the left side which has never been before. It seems like this will never end.
  • I found out that i will have to get steroid injections on the LEFT side now. This seems like a bad dream that is repeating its self.