Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Talking to my Doctor tomorrow about Surgery

I'm as nervous as I can be - it's almost as if instead of just going to schedule it and talk about surgery, I'm having the surgery.

As a chuckle, one of the questions on my list is - will it hurt?

One of my biggest worries is how long I'll be out of work. From what he's told me, it's a big surgery, but I work from home, have a work laptop, and can work from any comfy spot in the house I want. It's not a physical job by any means, but I do notice I have to get up and move around a whole lot more than I used to before my back got so bad - sitting and focusing on a laptop can make you hurt - and even though part of my job means I need to understand how not to get hurt on the job and I understand office ergonomics - I can no longer work at my desk and chair. Hoping that will change in the near future. Anyway, once I'm out past 2 weeks, then it is short term disability at 60% of my normal salary and that to me is a big ouch! Hoping I can go back at 2 weeks - even though I'm spending 3-4 days in the hospital. Am I nuts?
I am who I am!

• Hi ouchy,
    wanted to shout out to ya... "all the best for the most spectacularly fast and pain-free re-coup!!".

I haven't had back surgery, have had eyes done a few times.

Music.... not that you asked... but Music is the magical distraction for me, one of them. Make up a disk of your favorite, inspirational songs. Play and repeat as required.!!!

Thinking of ya!
  • I LOVE LOVE LOVE music. The hubs and I both do. So making up a few cd's is a great idea and I can use those while I'm laying in that hospital bed! I haven't decided yet if I'll take my laptop or not because of trying to move it around, but I'll have my phone and I don't have anything small and portable for CD's but I'll find something!! Also, that will take my mind off being nervous while I make the cd's!

Thank you so very much!! And for the well wishes too!

I am who I am!