Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Very tired of the pain

rhinodecalsrrhinodecals Posts: 6
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:03 AM in Spinal Stenosis
OK here is my story I am a 53 year male
2009 lower back pain to were I could hardly move Orth. Doc put me in PT for 6 wks. At the end of the 6 weeks back better. I guess I should say I have always had lower back pain even in school.
Pain came back to lower back, then started in to my left butt, then moved to the left knee, then to my left foot.
Went back to my Orth Doc. He said we should do the steroid cortisone injections. I did the 1st one and it cost me a butt load of money. and did not get any relief. My company did not have very good insurance. Anyway I ending up going to another Doc who does spines. He said we should do the injection went thought all three shots and some relief.
I have done four rounds of acupuncture with some help.
To date I am getting the butt, knee, and foot pain back now. I really do not want to go back to the Doc becuse I do not want to do surgery. But I am so tried of all the pain. I do a lot of walking in my job and I do alot of work around my house. I do not want to get hooked on pain meds but not sure were to turn.
bellow is my readings from my MRI
L1-L2 Mild bulge of the disc without central canal or neural foraminal stenosis
L2-L3 Mild diffuse annular bulge with mild bilateral facet joint hyertrophy. Mild central canal narrowing. No neural foraminal stenosis.
L3-L4 Moderate diffuse bulge of the disc with mild bilateral facet joint hypertrophy and ligamentum flavum thicking.
L4-L5 Moderate diffuse bulge of the disc resulting in moderate central canal stenosis an moderate to servere bilateral lateral recess narrowing.
L5-S1 Mild left sided facet joint hypertrophy
I am here to listen
advertisement

Comments

• Are you still doing your physical therapy exercises? If you have spine issues, you may need to do these exercises on a regular basis. In general, exercises keep everything in order and prevents more damage. Not exactly fun and what you want to do. That's my two cents.
    2011 ACDF C5-6 for Spondylosis with Myleopathy
    2012 L4-5 herniated disc and hernated disc at C4/5 2013 Taking Amitriptyline for headaches
  • bookcatbbookcat United States Posts: 66
    I saw a neurologist only when I began losing the ability to walk. My neurosurgeon was very patient with me and very clear about the need for surgery. I had my first lumbar fusion (L4-5) and it was very successful. I'm not suggesting you should have surgery. It just had gotten to the point where I had had enough of the pain and loss of function. That's what it took to get me to accept the need for a medical intervention.

Consider setting a date (weeks, months) on which you evaluate how things are going. If things haven't improved or are worse, perhaps you could consider some options that you were previously unwilling to try. I agree about the PT
    Catherine
    PLIF L1-3 6/13
    ACDF (C5-7) 8/12
    PLIF (L2-5) 2003/05/08