Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Still having pain, still no diagnosis

emt7eemt7 Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:03 AM in Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Problems
Last July I had a bariatric patient on a stretcher and the stretcher gave out. Took the patient's weight and went down with him. Immediately felt like a hot sharp knife was stabbing my lower back. Since then, I've had pain in my lower back and down the backs of both legs to the bottom of my feet. X ray, MRI, CT, bone scan all came back negative. Recently had an EMG that came back with decreased nerve function at S1. No doctor has given me an diagnosis and no one has any clue which direction to go. I had a workmans comp doc who wanted to do a discogram, but workmans comp dropped me and my personal docs don't want to do it. Anyone else have similar pain with negative scans? I'm a 23y.o. male with pain for almost a year. This definitely isn't normal. Would love some input.

• Forgot to mention this but every morning I have diarrhea I can't seem to control but as the day progresses, my bowel movements are more solid. Could this be due to how I sleep at night pushing on a nerve?
  • Hi EMT, I had degenerative disks from a old military injury 10 years ago. With work over the past 10 years, my body was so so. I had negative EMG, pain clinic, and MRI scans, just showing a slight bulge in my L5. After getting a CT myleogram, it show my L4 had grew almost completely around my nerves and was barely any difference in spinal cord vs space to move around. I did fine for about 6 months after my decompression but then ended up getting fusion after a discogram show my L3 down had pain causing symptoms. I was told my doctor that the MRI is like the most over used, uninformative study when a patient has a pain that isn't textbook.

As far as the bowl issues... I've been lucky not to have any issues, can't help you there, but beings that it somewhat clears up after the day time, it leads me to believe that it maybe self induced? Meds, stress, how you take meds with food or not.

I cant explain how I believe workman's comp is a joke. I bulged my L5 disc more on the job, and then had MRI showing that, and later it was said that my condition was deteriorated enough that it didn't cause any further damage that was there to warrant fusion. :-/ Because I had already discussed fusion with my doctor they took it as preexisting, temporary exaggeration of my condition.