Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

need help-my husband won't listen to me

tweetyttweety Posts: 12
need help
my husband fell over a yr ago-off a tower about 10ft hit his lower back on cement parking lot stop
been in pain, been going to a orthopedic,nerologist,pain mgmt drs
pain mgmt dr has done 2 nerve blocks, rf on 5/25/12
ever since that procedure he has been in worse pain ever then before that procedure. he won't listen to what i have to say to help him
i suffer from num.medical issues myself-i just had my 2 ACDF on feb 27,12 i am still in pain down my left side (arm,shoulder,hand) nerve pain severe at times
i also suffer from fibromaylgia, spinal stenosis, cervical spondyolosis etc...
been thru mill and back
i take alot of meds to help w/pain
so i trying to help my husband -making sugguestions on what to take/ask the dr for
like he should have been on a muscle relaxant and some other kind of meds to help
he got vicoden 7.5mg/500 after RF after i called and complain he was in pain. but he doesn't take it like suppose to-cause makes him sick and he drives a fuel tanker for his job.
PLS can anybody help me on this....any sugguestions or recommendations i can do to help him
hope to hear from anyone soon ~X(
advertisement

Comments

• When the pain get real bad. He will go to dr and see what can be done for him. I know I was what they call a real man.I never took pain med no mater how bad the pain was. Till my pain got worse. I just could not go on. That when I knew to go get the help I needed.

Jim
  • thk for replying to my msg- my husband did go to dr's now they are claimimg he poss. had a rare side effect from rhizomy he had done on 5/24/12
    had to go get mri and gave him steroids to take for 6 days and neuritun to take @ bedtime only when he doesn't have to get up for work nxt day-so thats only the weekends doesn't make sense to me... plus he got Lioderm patches to put on his back 12hrs on/12 hrs off
    so we have to see what the mri shows and go from there i guess he has a f/u w/dr at the end of this month
    lets see what they say....
  • ShadowDancersSShadowDancers Posts: 4
    edited 06/23/2012 - 6:57 PM
    I had a rhizotomy before my fusion at L5-S1. Not sure what complication your husband had, but mine just aggravated the problem. Thankfully they didn't seem to have caused permanent nerve damage with mine, at least at that level. Best of luck with his visit!
    L3-4 tear, L4-5 herniation, L5-S1 ALIF Fusion; T 10-12 degeneration; --C5-6 retrolisthesis, osteophyte, degeneration, stenosis