Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Calling back surgery veterans!

It will be MONDAY! He is doing the smaller surgery for now and I might have to have more later, but I'd rather try the small one first. No 3-4 day stay since he changed his mind, just an overnight. No work, no nothing for 2 whole weeks, then will start PT and working a few hours a day till I work myself up to full time again, which sounds like my manager is just going to pay me for the day when I get to that point, which would be wonderful compared to short term disability pay!

Now that it is just 3 days away, I'm relieved and I'm scared at the same time. Doc says it's normal to be nervous that he'd worry more if I wasn't.

So it's just an overnight stay and I'm trying to figure out what I need to take and what I need to do this weekend to make life better for after surgery. I just had a haircut last weekend and I can't stand the shampoo sink b/c of my neck, so I color my own and I need one, have been putting it off b/c of the back and leg pain but I think I'm gonna try to do it or see if my sis in law will help me. Going to do a pedi because seems like it would be painful to try to do that after for a while.There is a ton of red tape to go through for work, that's top priority b/c it's about getting paid!

What else should I do? Any advise from surgery veterans?
I am who I am!

• It's all been laid out superbly in this thread that has been turned into a sticky in order to keep it at the top of the forum.

• wow i wish i had seen that before i had my neck surgery! what an involved list ,they think of everything. good luck with things! :D
  • I don't think I can get that to-do list done over the weekend and I don't think they will give me wheelchair ride to admit me!!! :) One thing though is I can get the bills organized for the hubs. We don't mail any, banking online or websites is how we do it.

Thankfully, this won't be the 'big surgery' he originally talked about. And I'm a pretty tough old bird! And yes, he did say there would be a lot of pain - which could knock the tough old bird out of me for a few days1
    I am who I am!
  • Just get finish what you can before the operation. you can plan for every possible senerio, but just try and get as much done around your place as possible that you know that needs to be done. i cooked up a few meals for myself and threw them in the freezer for afterwards when i started to get my appetite back and there was no one around to make me something. My husband always made sure that i had grab foods around so i could get up and just eat right away. I was exhausted for quite a while after the surgery and wasn't allowed to bend over so i made sure everything that i thought i would need was at arms length.
  • This is about you and your life, good luck with the pain and we all wish you well for the future, stay strong and take care.

Give yourself time to heal each and every day you will get a bit better.

• My husband had just said 'choose something fun to do this weekend that you can stand to do and let's go do it. You're going to be shut in for a while, so you deserve a little fun and that's top priority for the weekend.' My okay but I need to's were met with - everything that needs to get done will get done. No worrying, no stressing!

And to know so many people have made it through this means a lot. And then I know it could be worse, could have been that we didn't get ourselves out of car that day......far worse things then a messed a back could have happened. :)
    I am who I am!