Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New seeking answers and hope

ashesaashes Posts: 11
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:03 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi, my name is Ashleigh and I am pretty damn excited to have found this forum. I'm 30 and was in a car accident on my 15th birthday where I received the brunt of a 40mph collision.
From this I have had debilitating lower back pain, as well as thoracic and neck pain that is more mechanical.
I was treated with physical therapy, chiropractic adjustments, massage, acupuncture, medication, epidurals, bio-feedback...you name it I have tried it for nearing 16 years and while none of it worked well, I was able to learn to live with the pain.

However, it has become extremely easy to aggravate it, and takes longer and longer to get back to manageable levels of pain. My X-rays came back ; Mild thoracic accentuation with anterior endplate wedging at the apex of kyphotic curvature(scoliosis runs in my family)Degeneration at L5-S1 and L1-L2. MRI results will be ready in a week.

I've been disabled for years and I want to get a semi-normal life back. If anyone can identify with, or have advice for me I'd be eternally grateful. I feel lost, and frustrated beyond measure.

• hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry you have been suffering for so many years with little relief! you will be better off to wait for your MRI results and let your doctor talk to you!! he can refer you or set up some type of treatment plan.. you say you have tried just about everything for pain relief, i hope there is something new out there for you after this round of testing.. good luck! stop by anytime! Jenny :)
  • HI
    Thanks for the kind words.

I am very thankful for this website. It has already been a huge help to read not only the articles but the personal stories as well. Its good to know I am not alone as I feel.

Have a smashing weekend
  • ashesaashes Posts: 11
    edited 06/13/2012 - 11:09 AM
    Hi, I know there are a ton of people on here with the same issue; results are in and we as laymen don't know what that means.
    Here goes-- L4-5 Disk desiccation with slight posterior loss of disk space height. Small peripheral annular tear with associated central sisk protrusion measuring 4mm anterior-posterior. Facets are mildly degenerated with mild foraminal stenosis.
    L5-S1 Disk desiccation with posterior loss of disk space height and mild posterior broad based bulging. Facets are mildly degenerated and mild left foraminal stenosis.

This is just the lumbar pain and radiating pain issue. The thoracic and cervical pain and mild scoliosis is not addressed.
    My doctor doesn't believe there is much worth looking into and blames my depression and fibromyagia. If someone can explain this to me I can't tell you how grateful I am.
  • Just thought I would stop by and say welcome to spine-health. Have a look around and you will others in the same situation as yourself. One thing you should know, the forums just had a upgrade so it will be a little harder at the moment for members to get the proper information over to you as they search the new features to find it. But thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health.
  • hernerherner Posts: 12
    edited 06/29/2012 - 3:52 AM
    Standards agreement and posting rules
    Please note that Spine-Health reserves the right to edit any messages posted or submitted or e-mailed to the Company and use them for content on the website or in other company materials. No e-mail solicitation or advertising of other companies, products, services, or web sites is permitted in the Spine-Health.com forums.

Post Edited by The Spine-Health Moderator Team
    edited 06/29/2012 - 3:53 AM
    edited 06/29/2012 - 3:54 AM