Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Acdf surgery likely early July for cervical spondylotic myelopathy; complex case

bookcatbbookcat United States Posts: 66
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:03 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I got a dx today and from what I've read, surgery is really the only choice for that dx. Although I expected a long discussion, it was a brief appt. I have to get a T2-weighted MRI, a CT, an a Emh. and arrange for drs. Appts for medical clearance and oncology treatment plan. I see the orthopod in 3 weeks. I know i'm feeling like I'm trying to push everything as fast as it will go, but my doc is pregnant and, because of the complexity of the surgery, she won't do mine past the end of Aug.

From what I've read, I should do ift as soon as feasible. With some other medical issues going on, my doc wants to make sure i'm as healthy as possible. I respect her judgement. However, something is always going on. One current thing is a sore throat/productive cough thing I've had since early April. 4 rounds of antibiotics so far and currently I'm taking a course of prednisone, a non-fusion drug I don't finish for a week and a half. It's going to take forever to get ready!

Advice and experiences will be much appreciated. Thanks.

PLIF L1-3 6/13
ACDF (C5-7) 8/12
PLIF (L2-5) 2003/05/08