Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

questions about ongoing recovery, stiffness, unsteady gait,etc??

llfoster22lllfoster22 Posts: 14
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:03 AM in Recovering from Surgery
i am 65 yo female, had fusion L4/5 with hardware due to spinal stenosis and foramal narrowing 8 weeks ago. going back to work in 2 days. i have resumed many activites, cleaning,occasional caring for grandchildren,which includes lifting and carrying 19 lb. grandson. the day after one of these busy days i am very tired and sleep all day. i now am having pretty severe stiffness in legs and tightness (like a band) across lower back. the stiffness in legs gives me unsteady gait and i walk like someone who has been drinking. also, i can't stand for long periods duee to the lower back tightness. started PT 3 weeks ago and it gives me same problems as above, is this "normal" and to be expected? can you share your experiences?

• Some of your issues, night be your increased activity. You seem to moving along at a pretty good clip for a lumbar fusion patient, so kuddos on that part. Are you icing still when your done with some of these activities? Not sure what type of job you do, but maybe going your not ready yet to return to work? However when in doubt call the surgeon, that is what they are there for. They may want to get images to insure the hardware is all still in place and all looks good and it is a normal healing process.