Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello from Surf City USA

kev_bkkev_b Posts: 22
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:03 AM in New Member Introductions
I’ve lurked long enough, I guess it’s time to introduce myself, my name is Kevin, I first injured my back, well before 2005 I guess, came on slowly. In 2005 I had a laminectomy at L4 & L5, I healed 100% in under 6 weeks and back to work.
Well in 2008 I reinjured my back at work, long story short I ended up catching a transmission weighing in around 350 pounds. This is a California WC claim and after almost 4 years it’s far from over, 7 MRI’s, 2 CT scans, 2 rounds of ESI, maxed out on physical therapy, discogram, 3 primary treating Dr.’s and all the games that come with a WC claim. # torn discs along with the drop foot, numbness, DDD, stenosis and all that good stuf.
1st surgeon wanted a 3 level (PLIF), 2nd surgeon a 2 level (PLIF), 3rd surgeon a 3 level (PLIF), well time goes on and symptoms gets worst and now the 3rd surgeon wants to do a 2 level (ALIF) with a (ADR) on the next level up. I’ve already been thru 2, second opinions for spine surgery, the first one took almost 1.5 years because of all the bogus delays, I was on my second attorney by then and as of last week I am on my 3rd attorney.
Well that’s my story and with a new treatment plan from my surgeon I know I will have to do the second opinion process all over again, I am hoping with a new attorney this all gets done by the book this time.

• First let me say welcome to spine-health. If you have been a lurker for awhile, you have found many others in the same situation or close. One thing I might comment on, is have they mentioned to you, putting a ADR in, also means if it fails, they can't remove it. So while yes, it will maintain the motion of that segment, it is something to consider. There are a few members on the boards whom are in that position now.

As far as your work comp issues, well I can most certainly relate, been in it since 05 and still nowhere near a compromise, do to the on going need for medical for the rest of my life. Hopefully, you will have surgery and won't be in that boat, but it will resolve your issues.

Also just so you know the forums will be down from Monday till Wednesday, so don't think there is anything wrong. Your user name and passwords will remain the same, just won't have access while the upgrade is done.

Anyway just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health. Keep us posted on your progress and ask away any questions you might have, lots of experience on the boards.