Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello From Melbourne Australia

Gar1GGar1 Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 9:03 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi All,

I have found your site interesting and informative. Last year i suffred a work place injury on my L4/L5 disc i Reuptred the disc i tried all avenues before surgery from rest, Physio, epidural injections and medications. Three months after the injury my Ortho surgeon booked me in for a microdiscectomy. The surgery went well and 6 weeks after surgery i returned to work on light duties 4 hours a day 3 days a week with physio. Around the 8th week i dont know what happened but all the pain came back and off again for another MRI, that showed that i reherninated the disc so back in we go for another surgery. This time i was placed on extreme restictions after the surgery. Everything was feeleing ok(i still had some minor pain but no medication was needed)around the 3 month mark the pain down my leg started again and i had just started Hydrotherapy. i went to my treating Gp who advised me to stop Hydro until i seen the surgeon. Well he had some time of for xmas and i didnt see him until the new year. Once i got into see him another MRI was ordered and this one showed that scar tissue was growing around the nerve root and that there was nothing he could do and was refred to a pain specilist. i now take Fentanyl 50 patches as well as Nupentin 9 times a day. I have been reading some of the posts on this site and it has helped to know i am not crazy with all the pain that i am in. No one understands until it happens to them. Once again this is a great site and i look forward to chatting to some of you.

• I know how frustrating it can be when it seems like no one understands. I recently had surgery and the pain is gone but the numbness and tingling just started again. I'm so scared of the situation that happened to you. Isn't there such a thing as disk replacement surgery and fusions that would have helped you?