Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Walking to prepare for surgery and just broke my little toe this am

I read several articles and postings that encouraged me to start taking short walks before surgery. I walk w/a cane and have gait and balance issues along w/general pain from neck and L arm. I'm planning a 2-level ACDF at C5-7 in July. How can I keep moving until toe pain decreases? (my first reaction when my bathroom door frame attacked me - "You've got to be kidding me!").

Still smiling,

PLIF L1-3 6/13
ACDF (C5-7) 8/12
PLIF (L2-5) 2003/05/08

• Well the good news is there is not much they can do for a broken toe. Actually I think the best thing for it is to keep walking on it. Your doing the right thing by walking, and it is a definite must do post surgery. Remember to ice following your walks on both your neck and little toe. Are you walking with a cane do to your neck issues, or another condition? I take if you have gait issues from your neck you have myelopathy? If so please read up on the condition and understand surgery is only done to stop the progression but not make it better. Good luck on surgery and keep us posted on how you get along.

But it is a bummer about the broken toe. I will tell you from someone whom has had many of them for this reason, that it is best to always have some type of shoe on to stop those injuries in the future.