Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

post 4 level plif getting off of percocet!

I had my 8 hour surgery on June 5 and came home on June 8. My recovery has been smooth. My family made sure I got my percocet every 4 hours. On Thursday night I had an episode if vertigo and was really out of my mind for a few minutes. I decided to slow down on the percocet. My spine nurse advised I could switch to vicodin.

What a beautiful world it is without my brain being clouded. I have started to walk outside and do a lot more fir myself. I have some incision pain and some hip and leg pain. Before the surgery my left front thigh was numb now the right thigh is numb also. Doc just shook his head about that.

Almost 2 weeks post surgery I am doing great

• congrats on your progress thus far. Sounds like you have positive attitude which will go very far in your recovery. Just be sure to ice/heat following your outings so you don't get into much pain. But keep up the good work on your recovery. Keep in mind you had major surgery and lots of healing to do. You can google walking programs on the net and find plenty that are helpful so you have something measurable to gage your distance by, my favorite is 10,000 steps. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • I love my ice and heat packs. Walking is progressing quite slowly especially during this ridiculous heat wave. I tried for 10000 steps some time ago before back issues. Right now I am aiming for the corner. :-) my long term goal is to walk as far as i was before surgery and I can't wait to get back to my water aerobics class not sure when that will be.