Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Going into day 5 of the test.

I had the test put in last Wed. and then on Thurs. went back to doc to have the leads "squiggled around." Whattttt????? Isn't that a technical term? What I really want at this point is just a good old fashioned under-the-water bath. Test is going very well. Have reduced the hydrocodone by 25% and am functioning pretty well despite all the bandages, cords and controllers to "sinc up" etc. Guys, I guess I wasn't prepared as well as I could be for how tedious the test would be. Also, any pain I feel right now was from a 2 hour procedure to get the leads placed in maximum position plus the added procedure to adjust them the second day.

So....results? So far, positive. I have shut this baby off a couple of times for an hour at a time and the pain went from 2 or 3 to 9. So, let's see how we do tomorrow at work all day. Will report soon.......kathy

• Wow. Mine was only 3, but I was ready to rip them out after 2. Glad to hear you are having good results. I see the surgeon on July 11th to schedule surgery for a permanent SCS.

Good Luck!

• I am glad you were able to lower ur pain meds. Tomorrow is the end of my 3rd week with my perm. I am approx 2 weeks into no meds at all. I had a headached today and actually took a advil and it went away, I was surprised. I so hope you and anyone else who gets the perm can experience the wonders I have in the last 2 weeks the first week was the hardest. I can honestly say I have gotten a major part of my old life back I still can't get real active cause of the chance of the leads moving and the gen moving but hey I can walk better, I care about what I look like now b4 on all the meds I couldn't have cared less. I am always open to talk to anyone who wants to. Just PM me and we can chat either that way or in the chatroom. Butterfly hugs to all my spiney friends and to all my SCS friends.
  • stay positive and take one day at a time.
    so happy for ya candy....it's about time you starting feel good. just try behave yourself.
    well as much as you can.
    neck,bone spurs pain started 04, back issues and fusion l4,l5 06~hardware removed.
    good few yrs. 09 pain sharp, numbness feet,legs, diagnosed fibro, neurop. legs.lung issues.
    daily goal do good thing for someone.
  • Glad your are going ok,
    I have had my done - Had a trial from the 30/5/12 for 7 days and the final done on the 6/6/12. Its a really eye opener I can say. The battery site had been so sore, I went the paddle version so the leads didnt head anywhere. But I know that this is it for the rest of my life, which is the hardest. The changing of the programs and the recharging of the battery is now all part of life. But I am know only on my lyrica medication and praying that I can stop this as well soon. But I know its early days.
    In my last surgery this month I found out that I have now got 2 broken screws, just wonder when its going to end - 6 surgeries in 5 years OMG!! enough already..
  • Wow! The test was a pain (bathing restrictions, lifting, stretching etc) but boy, when they removed the leads I knew I would miss them and I DO! I was almost back to my old self during the test. The medtronics clinicians gave me different programs and split the programs into left and right lead so I could turn one side up and one down if needed. I got about 70% (at least) pain relief. IN FACT, the pain in my feet which I thought was a result of some bunion surgery, went away, too. I was even able to cut the hydrocodone down by 10 mgs in that short time! I am having the paddle style lead and probably the adaptive stimulator. Several docs said I can be pretty active if I want, once I give the leads time to scar in.

The part of the test that I wasn't really prepared for was the moving of the leads. If I sneezed or turned this way or that, the stimulation level would change! Good reason that they tell you to be sure and not strain when going potty.

Anybody with questions about an upcoming test, pm me. I can send you a pic of what the bandaging and the actual unit that will eventually be implanted in my hip area kinda looks like. Hang in there, Kathy
  • Can you give me some info on the trial , Im am so scared im thinking of canceling...I am due to have it this Friday...
  • Stop fretting about the trial. I won't lie, it's a little uncomfortable but it really doesn't hurt anymore than you already do. If it works, then you get some relief and won't want to give up the trial stim. Just relax and look forward to some possible relief.