Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

l5 S1 DDD w/ Annular tear, advice please!

So, I have finally been diagnost with L5 S1 herniated disk (annular tear), 6mm bulging, with DDD. So here the thing, I have 0 sciatic pain. I get pain when i sit for more than 20 minutes (worse driving). It creeps up, gets sore but stays in my lower back. Standing is not so bad but the reason I got an MRI was because it was starting to hurt when walking. So, I'mn trying to fogure out what is causing the pain? Is it the DDD? Is it the hernia and bulging? Getting frustrated because before I got my MRI I had pain on and off for about a year. Went to Chiro and that helped, but pain always came back and I wasnt doing my stretches all the time. Now I'm doing low impact muscle strenghtning exerices morning and night for back and abs along with stretching and some biking (feel great while biking). Anyone experience these symptoms? I read so much about sciatica pain with people who have herniated disks but very little about lower back pain and things to do that may help it. Thanks for the replies!

PS Should I be doing Cobra stretch? I heard its good for bulging but can be bad for DDD. I have both! (sigh)