Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

5 week review post op update

Hi all, had my 5 week review today, looked at my xray, i would let my surgeon put my shelves up anyday! 6 screws 1 plate 2 cages and cement...... they are not going anywhere soon!

and all my concerns about my remaining symptoms are all to be expected apparently and yes the info i got here was right, the reason i didnt have the pain the first couple of days was that i was still full of drugs from the op itself!

i do have to be more resonable in my expectations and let myself take more time to heal before i try to cope with work which i know i am not ready for yet.

it will be another 3/4 months before i can expect things to be improved and a year before i know which symtoms i will be stuck with....... again, info that the wize folk on this site had already told me.

so i see him in 3 months for next review. hoping i can relax now and enjoy some time instead of feeling guilty and trying to push myself into getting better, only blip is i am self employed so if i dont work i dont get paid... but also means my job is there to go back too when i am ready.

thanks so far for all the support, x

• Hi Welshlady -
    I'm glad everything is healing & progressing as it should! It has to be frustrating to have to wait for improvement, but give yourself the time you need to heal now - I know how difficult that is when you're self employed (I was self employed for 6 years), but taking time now could be the difference between healing quickly & fully, or recovery taking more time/causing more issues down the road. Be kind to, and have patience with yourself :)
    Slipped on a wet stair case the morning of 10/31/11, landed flat on my tush & blew up my spine & both SI joints.
    3 level ACDF C4-C7 7/11/12 (collapsed discs & severe cord compression)
    lumbar fusion to be scheduled once healed from ACDF
  • Joe241JJoe241 Posts: 185
    edited 07/02/2012 - 8:25 AM
    Hi sorry I haven't talked to you with everything happening with my mom, I know that she is in a better place I'm trying to catch up with people who helped me. I'm glad your surgery went well and hope you continue to improve, and have the strength and patience for one day at a time. God Bless and thank you again for your kind words during my moms battle. Joe
    ACDF C5-6 July 10, 2012 with plate and screws.