Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Question about doctors and surgeons

wasteofskinwwasteofskin Posts: 1
so i was a medic working hard bringing in good money then an absent minded driver rear ended me, 2000 damage to my car and alot of pain and aggravation, had to wait 8 hrs in emerg then got sent home and thats when the party started...pain in my neck back and my left hip, of course dr was on vacay so saw a quack that said oh its just whip lash, in 3 to 4 weeks you will be okay....months later could hardly walk, couldnt work, couldnt even wipe my own arse, x rays then bone x rays then months and months later mri and guess what? just some bulged discs, and a thoracic bulge nothin much....ortho was un impressed i walk like a hunch back, my body is crooked i cant stand up straight but your okay...ortho said, no need for surgery....try physio.....okay tried that pain worse down my leg,worse in my hip area, cant sleep, gaining weight cause i cant even walk the dog....no life.....no hope.....want the pain to stop.....i want to work but cant...most days im hungary cause i cant walk up to the store for food and have no money for cab...doctor says i can go back to work....wtf? im almost thinking the only way to escape this pain is the high level bridge...now how do i get there....its very sad to be me now, as a medic i know my body, i know oxycontin isnt for me and i know i should move more, i just cant, the pain is un bearable,,,where to go from here i dont know, im 49 and i was 5'9 now im 5'7 ive shrunk because of the disc bulges in all my lower back, does any one know of a decent dr in edmonton? i have one of the best orthos...so they say and all thats needed is a very painful shot in the spine and i will be all brand new.....really? cant wait

Post edited, subject line changed. Previous subject text was inappropriate. Message and content of the post remains the same