Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello From Ontario, Canada

Well hello all,

I thought it was about time I introduce myself - since I've been using this website for a guide to my pain.
I'm Kris, a mom of 3 - 17 yr old boy, 15 yr old girl, and 10 yr old girl. I have an awesome hubby who I will be celebrating 18 years of marriage with this August.

When did my pain start? That is a good question - I can tell you I had a fall last year and after the fall I started with MASSIVE migraines, neck pain and such, I always had migraines but I was able to deal with them - after the fall the migraines landed me in the ER for help because I couldn't stand the pain. The ER doctor said it was Occipital Neuralgia but the Neurologist said it was just a persistant migraine. At least the ER listened to all my symptoms before making a diagnosis, where the Neurologist just brushed my symptoms and me aside. I missed so much work because the migraine would NOT go away. It hurt to cry and I was so angry at myself because I was sick and couldn't fix it.

Also after the fall - I kept having pain on the left side of my neck, whenever I'd tell my doctor about it - he'd say that would be a stress headache. I said I'm not under that much stress, there is something else going on. I guess I better back track because since I was pregnant for my first daughter, I have experienced pain in my shoulder blade. (Another doctor said it was my trapizius, and stretching will help) It would get so back that I couldn't turn my head, lift my arm or doing anything, The pain even radiated down my arm and into my left breast.

Since the shoulder pain began all those years ago - I've been for numerous xrays that showed nothing. I tried cortisone shots in my shoulder blade, Physiotherapy, chiropractic care, accupuncture and massage therapy, All feel good at the time but when its over the pain is still there. Since the neck pain started I again tried all the therapies noted above which ended with the same results. Nothing.

So I showed up at my doctor's in tears saying my neck hurts and I can't get comfy so I can't sleep, I was in bad shape. He finally sent me for an CT and MRI. Which revealed the pinched nerve at the C5&6. I met with the neurosurgeon who said I can keep trying the other methods but since nothing is working and my pain is getting worse - surgery might be my best bet. It was my choice - my husband came with me and said I can't keep living like this. I need the surgery.

So now I am scheduled for July 23 - and I can't WAIT. I'm tired of this pain and living like this. I want to be able to do things, I want my life back.

This board has been so helpful to me - I am preparing myself for surgery and my road to recovery. I hope all goes well.
Once I have the surgery, I will let you know how things are going.
Until then - peace :)

• ouch2oouch2 Posts: 1,270
    edited 06/20/2012 - 7:34 AM
    Welcome to SH, glad that you have joined us and posted your story. I am also from Ontario, glad to hear that you
    don't have to wait too long for surgery.

Look forward to hearing more from you as you prepare for, and recover from surgery.
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. be sure and stop by the "Back and Neck surgery" forum for more input!! good luck as you get ready for surgery! stop by the forum anytime!! Jenny