I just had an MRI of my cervical, as I've had a lack of range of motion and frequent pain. It revealed slight herniation at c-5,c-6 1-2mm.
• Is that a lot?
I had an MRA of my circle of Willis to look for issues with my vertebral artery- I've been having vertigo and loss of balance, pain in back of head and headache, cranial pain Tingling of hands and feet, itchy feelings. The exam was done without comparison.
No stenosis, occlusion, or aneurysmal involvement of the distal vertebral arteries, the basilar artery, P1,P2, and P3 segment of the posterior cerebral arteries, the A1 and A2 segments of the anterior cerebral arteries, and M1,M2, and proximal M3 segments of the middle cerebral arteries.
IMPRESSION: Normal MRI of the circle of Willis.
• Is this the right area to be focusing on for my symptoms? why didn't they capture lower portion of vertebral artery such as V4 (intradural), V3 (c-2 to dura), V2 (foraminal) and V1(pre-foraminal)?
It would seem appropriate to have an MRA of the lower segments since I get shooting pain up neck and get sensations of unsteadiness if I turn my neck, or close my eyes in the shower. If I walk into a darkened space, I start to feel unsteady...this never happened before 6 months ago.
• What exam do I need to request to make sure I'm getting correct amount of CFS flow?
• What do my symptoms sound like?
I still have noise in my left ear and decreased hearing, I've read where cervicogenic issues can affect vestibular communication.
• What can I do for cervicogenic dizziness?
• I also showed a slight 5mm cerebellar tonsillar ectopia (horizontal) could this be what’s causing these TRANSIENT symptoms with Cranial pain, cranial pressure?
I've gone down the road of Meniere's disease. The symptoms are different. I have the hearing loss and transient vertigo but much more that Meniere's doesn't. I have severe neck pain, I have a shooting liquid feeling that goes up my neck to my head after sitting and driving for 30-45 min. when I stand up and get out of the car. Is is blood? or is it CSF? I also have unsteadiness (6 months) esp when in the shower with closed eyes. or walking into a darkened room.
I will ask again. Do I need to get a better MRA of my Vertebral Artery? segments v1- v4
I have pain in the back of skull often. I have a cerebellar tonsillar ectopia, or chiari, but they say it's minimal. 5mm.. my MRI was horizontal and I've been told you get a better MRI with vertical.
Can neck problems like herniated disc can lead to malfunction of the vestibular nerves? and cause cervicogenic dizziness?
Can anyone help?