Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Posterior Cervical Operation to C5/6/7 and Facet Joints

WonderboytwiceWWonderboytwice Posts: 149
edited 06/21/2012 - 8:27 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had 2 operations in December 2011 to the above and despite extensive physio have been struggling with neck pain ever since. This operation was done to help with my balance and I must admit this is better. Had an ACDF operation in September 2010 so I imagine most of my neck pain is as a result of this. Surgeon tells me that all of my spine is riddled with severe osteoarthritis and that I may have further problems. Was also subjected to ionising radiation when involved in UK Atomic Bomb Tests in Pacific in 1958!! Any suggestions how I can relieve my neck pain would be appreciated. I live in UK.

Previous ops: TKR to right knee in September 1998 which went wrong and had to be done again in January 2000 as a revision. TKR to left knee in 2006. ACDF C3/4/5 in 2010. PLIF + rebuild in December 2008.

• I would like to know whether anyone has suffered left knee pain after Spinal Operations. Knee was replaced in 2006. My Spinal Surgeon seems to think that excessive scar tissue in the lumbar region might be the cause so on 15 May I had a Lumbar Caudal Epidural Injection which hasn't helped much. I have an annual check on my knees which was done in April with no problems according to the Orthopaedic Surgeon. Pain is also quite noticeable in my left buttock area and my toes are quite numb. What do I do now as I see my Spinal Surgeon on 27 July? My neck pain is a lot better after extensive physio and exercise. GP keeps telling me that I must remember that I have had 4 operations to my spine.
  • Saw my Spinal Surgeon on 27/7 and have to get further Lumbar Caudal Injection. If this does not work have then to get extensive bone scan of whole spine. Also saw Orthopaedic Surgeon on 28/7 and he says pain to knee may be caused by the fact that knee is beginning to loosen. At this stage they would not attempt revision of knee until pain becomes unbearable!!