Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Yipee, yahoeee! I have a date set for my permanent implant!!!

Too excited! The surgeon I am now using is one of the most well known anywhere but the Medtronics rep got me in for the final implant in 30 days! I was expecting a 2 - 3 month wait. Can't believe that I might have a life, again. I am so thankful.

• Congratulations!!!!!

How much relief did the trial give you?

• Gave me about 70%, most of the time. Oddly enough, I was not able to "feel" it in my lower back where the nerve damage is located and most of the pain originates. By "it" I mean the gentle buzzing. But I didn't feel pain either. My medtronics clinician said that wasn't unusual. I could feel the buzzing in my thighs, mostly. I didn't feel pain in my calves and feet either but they simply stopped being painful, too.
  • Kathy that is great news. Something to look forward to!

• I will have the surgery on September 25th. We are going on vacation the week before so I didn't want to mess the vacation up by getting surgery now.

• As I have with other procedures like radio frequency ablation, I will keep a log and report as truthfully as I can about what type of recovery experience I am having. Since you'll be 2 months behind me, hopefully it will help you know what to expect. I talked with my Medtronic rep and she gave me lots of good advice.
  • Interesting you mentioned that. On the table during the trial and after the xrays, I felt buzzed, (more like electrocuted) everywhere but where the pain is. They could not get it to go behind me to my shoulders and scapula. I mainly buzzed from figure tips to elbow. I kept it very low. It wasnt till the last day that realized the ice picks in my muscles were so much better. The dr and rep said the perm should be more accurate. I felt it in my butt, toes and even hair! I was told it takes a while for the muscles to relax. The trial was almost a month ago, still waiting for them to pick a surgeon. Good luck! I'll take the buzz over pain any day.