Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back to work week 2 coming up

Hello all, I did not check in all week so i thought I better now. So for all that know or do not know me, I had 3 level ACDF on April 16 and just started back to work last week. So my MD had put me on modified hrs and I only had to work 4 hrs a day, I thought it would be a breeze, not so much!! I was really sore you guys I mean it was so painful by Tuesday I was crying to the PT but I was not on my desk because of my hrs so I changed desk's to one that was better but still not mine and Wed and Thurs was not that bad but by Friday I was really sore. I got up every 30 min. and I stretched and I tried to not over do it but I had to get things done. So now this week is my 6hrs a day week and I am a little scared. I will be on my desk some of the days and that one is ergonomically correct for both me and my counter part because we have cervical issues. She works days and I usually work nights but with my modified hrs I am working a little bit of both so when we are both there she has the desk which is better for me because that desk comes with a phone that rings non stop. I am in another office with no ringing phone until I go back to nights. The problem really isnt my neck the pain was mostly in my arms this week, both of them. I guess from typing and doing paper work, making copies ect... This was not a pain of a problem , It felt like over usage but I was really not using them that much, its so crazy. I guess going from not using them at all to a couple of hrs is alot? I feel like such a whiner but it is true. God help me get some stregnth because 6 hrs will wipe me out. If it gets too bad I promised myself I would call the doctor and go back to 4 hrs but I have to try. I also need to increase my hours as well because the state will pay a portion of my lost hrs but not all of it. I was making more sitting on my butt at home and not working but that not is the answer. I felt better I thought I was ready, but I felt great lying in bed not moving the minute I started moving my recovery was not as complete as i thought. I know it will just take time but I do not have the luxury of waiting around for 6 months I need to be better now. I am spending the weekend resting and when I do I start to feel better. I will be ready for Monday, it is the Tuesday thru Friday that tests me. I will learn to pace myself and i will get thru this! Just wanted to check in and let you all know how fabulous I was doing LOL. Thanks for listening.... I will keep you posted I am so glad you are here..
Kimberly Martin

• It's a crazy recovery, isn't it? As far as neck issues, I felt like my neck improved exponentially day to day for the first ten days or so, then the never-ending plateau set in. It sounds like you're doing everything right, making things easier as you can.

Be good to yourself!

• Good luck sunshine we all feel your pain and wish the best for you. My surgery is July 10th and my neck pain has increased to the point when I woke up this morning my left shoulder and arm was numb and sore. It's now night time and my left arm from shoulder to elbow is numb and along with neck hurts like hell, my wive says its all in my head. I dont think so because the Vicodin is barely touching the pain, I have not falling "asleep" until 3 or 4 am and just toss and turn. Did you have anything like this before your surgery, I know the pain is real and am looking forward to the surgery because the meds I have are not dealing with the pain. I am taking Vicodin ES 4 times a day with tramadol 50 four times a day. What meds did you get after surgery, my fear is as it is now the meds will not be enough and hesitant to ask neuro for stronger meds after surgery. I can not take Percocet it makes me sick, wired and I can't sleep. Sorry sunshine for the long post but I'm just wondering what to expect. I hope you make it through work and continue to move forward in your recovery. God Bless, Joe
    ACDF C5-6 July 10, 2012 with plate and screws.